Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Speculate To Accumulate....

I'm sure I can't be the only allotmenteer, who despite repeatedly swearing to do things on a tight budget, somehow keeps on aquiring more plot related stuff.

On the way from my friends' site to my own on Sunday, I passed a house with a hand written sign outside reading "Tool Sale". Cue the screeching of tyres as I pulled up in a cloud of smoking rubber, and rushed headlong up the garden path. (In every sense of the words).

I have a fork already... Well I have two actually, because the second one was a bargain. But still I managed to buy these beauties, eulogised by the sharp witted salesman, who was in his waistcoat and slippers, and scarely a day under ninety.

A really useful long handled number, so I can turn over my clay/rock/stones without bending my back, and a fabulous old, flat tined potato fork. For all the potatoes that won't grow in my soil... At only £5.00 each, who could resist!

If I only had a shed at the plot, the back of my car might stop looking like a tool sale in transit.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gordon Mason said...

The long one is a beauty; looks like a manure fork to me.

7:29 pm  
Blogger RobD said...

I'm with Woody, the long one looks great. The smaller one though, you were done!

8:39 pm  
Blogger Hazel said...

You can always dig a 'grave' on the plot to store your tools in, & cover with an old door

8:56 pm  
Blogger Greenmantle said...

It does look a little like a manure fork, but is more robust and digs nicely.

Actually, I prefer the smaller on if anything Rob, it's a real heavy duty, quality old thing, perfectly designed for it's purpose.

Good idea Hazel, though I'm actually eyeing a likely looking thorn thicket. (One of my very favorite words is thicket)

Thanks for your comments guys.

9:13 pm  
Blogger RobD said...

Erm, if he manages to dig a 'grave' for his tools he'll probably need it for himself with that clay ;>)

8:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home