Saturday, September 16, 2006

Let Them Eat Cake.......

Don't worry, I'm not trying to compete with Lottie, over at Simply Living....In fact I've never baked a cake in my life.

I have however done a few small favours for Peter "The Plotboss" just lately, and also donated a sack of Winter Festival squashes for the stall he and Jo are running at a Macmillan Cancer Support day.

In return, this morning I received this quite unexpected and most welcome homebaked gift!

It seems Jo is a bit of a whizz at this sort of thing, and has made a lot of cakes for the fund raiser.


The kettle is shortly about to boil, and I shall then conduct some very in depth research into whether it is better to eat it plain, or with butter..... I anticipate my deliberations may take quite some time.

Ah, the joys of the allotment economy eh!.............................

3 Comments:

Blogger podster said...

Ditto, Peter, AKA http://podsplot.blogspot.com/

11:30 pm  
Blogger Greenmantle said...

It was pretty magnificent either way Peggy...a real triumph of the art. Just depends on how much you like butter I suppose. Personally speaking, I'd butter a glass of water if I could, so I prefer it with...but maybe some more testing is required....

4:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you had taken up cake making - did you save a slice for me

Great photos as usual.

4:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home