Saturday, September 23, 2006

Easy Life...........

Well don't be looking here for an update!

I've been sitting on my backside all week, and haven't been near the plot once. There are a few tidying things to be done during the week, but essentially I'm having an allotment holiday this weekend. The more perceptive amongst you may notice this coincides with wall-to-wall Tv coverage of the Ryder Cup. Make of this what you will.

Do check back here next Sunday however, for pics of the Great Pumpkin Lift, and my end of season round-up............betcha' can hardly wait eh?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, that's correct - I shall be on tenderhooks till next weekend.

And the Ryder cup was brilliant wasn't it!

8:11 am  
Blogger Matron said...

I started my blog in Spring. I was wondering how to keep blogging in the middle of Winter when nothing is happening. What do you suggest?

5:13 pm  
Blogger Greenmantle said...

Shouldn't be too hard to keep the blog ticking over Matron. There are all the joys of winter digging & manuring to regale us with.

If you've got some in already, we can follow the progress of your sprouts,Kale, leeks, cabbages, parsnips etc.

If not, there is still time to plant, chives,pak choi,winter lettuce, spring onions, radishes, and broccoli if you are quick.

The first crop of Aqua Dulce broadbeans can go in in Mid November.

Failing all of the above - frost pictures and blankets of snow always seem popular!

6:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home